The Apple Tree
ECC has partnered with our adopted Title I School, Garfield Elementary, in an outreach called “The Apple Tree". Between 50-53 percent of the students at Garfield are living at or below the national poverty level. This venue provides a means for us to equip our adopted school with needed items that families in financial crisis are unable to provide for their kids.
Here are a few ways that you can make a difference:
· Be a M.O.R.E. Volunteer (i.e. After School Art Class, Football Skills, Knitting, etc.)
· United Way Senior Adult Reading Buddy Program
· Men Needed to Mentor Young Boys
· Volunteer 10 minutes for Running Club
· Provide Peanut-Free Snacks for Classrooms
· Support Students with Basic School Supplies
· Provide a Dish During State Testing (Contact Us For Scheduled Dates)
· Adopt a Classroom
· Volunteer 30 Minutes for Recess
· Flower Bed Clean Up
The opportunities are endless as we desire to be the hands and feet of Jesus to the students and staff.